COVID-19 Virus Update
We are continuing to serve our clients in OP, IOP and PHP. We are using both virtual and in person avenues. We are practicing safe distancing, sanitizing, and quarantining when necessary. We have a policy that if a staff, client, or someone in the family/close proximity to the individual becomes sick or tests positively for COVID, we are having that individual quarantine for 2-3 weeks. If a core staff at Manna becomes sick or tests positively, we will be closing Manna for 2 weeks to have everyone quarantine. We are committed to the physical and mental health of all of our clients and want to protect and safeguard against getting ill.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE PRESCREENING QUESTIONAIRE
Manna’s response to the virus issue is to protect our clients, staff, and stakeholders. As a CARF organization, we have already been compliant with CARF procedures, but we are putting more energy in ensuring a healthy and safe environment.
| To all Manna Scholarship Fund, Inc/Manna Treatment patrons, members, customers, clients, therapists, and all other persons using Manna Scholarship Fund, Inc/Manna Treatment facilities: |
1. In light of the COVID19 (Coronavirus), in-person treatment at Manna Scholarship Fund, Inc., (engaging in psychotherapy on the premises, using any facility, and/or mental health services), is 100% voluntary and executed AT YOUR OWN RISK AND PERIL
2. By entering and using the premises, you expressly covenant, warrant, and agree NOT to sue or initiate any legal action or proceedings against Manna Scholarship Fund, Inc., its employees, trainers, independent contractors, owners, shareholders, landlord, and other legal persons using the premises for a period of six (6) years from the date of use of the premises.
3. You further agree that you expressly waive any right to a jury trial if you violate this policy and initiate legal action of whatever kind and nature.
4. Any legal proceedings to interpret, enforce, or construe the agreement and Covenant Not To Sue shall be irrevocably submitted to mandatory mediation as a condition precedent to enforcement. Any remaining disputes shall be submitted to mandatory and final binding arbitration before ADR Georgia, LLC or other mutually agreeable arbitrator.
5. You further agree that any legal action shall be subject to this liquidated damages provision such that any damages of whatever kind and nature shall be limited to and shall not exceed one psychotherapy session (equivalent to $200 USD).
6. All persons shall wipe down all surfaces that have been touched after use and take personal responsibility for failure to do so. Thank you for your cooperation.
E Genie Burnett, PsyD, CEO
Under the direction of the Executive Board of Directors ****************************************************
Dear Manna Treatment clients and families, The safety and well-being of our clients and staff is top priority for Manna Treatment. Due to the current global health crisis of the COVID-19 Coronavirus, Manna Treatment will be implementing the following Protocol for EVERY PERSON entering the building until it is no longer deemed necessary by the CDC and the State of Georgia. We are following recommendations released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for healthcare providers, and we will continue to track these recommendations and implement measures to keep our facilities safe. These precautions are posted and available in our waiting room. This is 100% based on each client and each therapist’s current circumstances and desires. You may continue to be seen virtually. However, should you desire to attend your session in person, we will be enforcing the following procedure prior to attending scheduled appointments: Prior to entering the building, you will need to complete the following questions:
– Have you tested positive for the Coronavirus?
– Have you been exposed to the Coronavirus?
– Have you had any of the following symptoms within the past 2 weeks: diarrhea, loss of smell, temperature over 99.5, coughing, or shortness of breath
– Prior to entering the waiting room, all clients and family members will have their temperature checked with an ear-based thermometer.
If you (or the client) temperature registers 99.5 degrees or higher, you will not be seen in person, but will be re-directed to being seen on our Zoom platform. During this transition time, we ask that parents or other loved ones remain seated in their car versus the waiting room while your child/loved one is in session.
Upon entering the building, the following procedures are necessary to provide for the safety of all staff and clients:
– All persons shall wear a mask while at Manna.
– If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you. (While we understand that this is unusual for our setting, maintaining safety for your physical and mental health is our priority. Please let your therapist know if this is particularly concerning for you.)
– All persons shall wash their hands prior to being seen.
– Upon leaving the bathroom, please wipe down the surfaces, including the toilet handle, door handle, and light switch.
– If you have used the toilet, please wipe down the surface of the toilet and spray Lysol as you exit the facility.
Should an individual who has Coronavirus enter the building, the following steps will be taken to decrease the likelihood of further spread of the virus (from CDC.gov):
- Close-off areas used by the person who is sick.
- Open outside doors and windows to increase air circulation in the area.
- Wait 24 hours before you clean or disinfect. If 24 hours is not feasible, wait as long as possible.
- Clean and disinfect all areas used by the person who is sick, such as offices, bathrooms, common areas, shared electronic equipment like tablets, touch screens, keyboards.
- If more than 7 days since the person who is sick visited or used the facility, additional cleaning and disinfection are not necessary.
- Continue routine cleaning and disinfection after the initial 7 days.
The health and safety of our clients and our team are of the utmost importance. Our Manna Treatment team is actively engaged in our ongoing commitment to providing outstanding care for each and every client. We share our hope that, given the circumstances, you are healthy and comfortable during this stressful time.
Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions. Thank you, E. Genie Burnett, PsyD, CEO
and Executive Board of Directors